- Full-time student status (Graduate assistantships with scholarship require enrollment for a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester. Graduate assistantships without scholarship require enrollment for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester. International students may have other enrollment requirements independent of assistantship status.)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- In compliance with State Law, International Teaching Assistants, Tutors, and Computer Lab Monitors whose native language is other than English must take and pass a test of spoken English before they can be hired. This test must be taken and passed before a contract will be signed.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- The student must have taken the exact same or equivalent course for which he/she is applying to be a TA and received a grade of A or A-.
- A “TA Recommendation Form” from the course instructor, academic advisor or thesis/dissertation advisor.
- Teaching experience and/or excellent communication skills.
- No documented instances of cheating, plagiarism, and/or tampering.
- No unsatisfactory TA Performance Review.
For additional information on Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Grants please visit
Please note that you will need the following documents to apply:
- Your most recent resume (required)
- A statement addressing the preferred qualifications (required)
- If available, TA Recommendation Form from a professor.
If you are ready to apply, you may access the application form below:
Teaching Assistantship Application Form