Welcome to the Dean’s Diversity Council’s (DDC) webpage of the Washkewicz College of Engineering. We are a vibrant and active group, which plans programs and events for the WCE community of students, faculty, staff, and industrial partners. Please take a moment to review our mission, goals, and calendar of events.
We welcome you to join us for our activities and programs!
For further information, please contact the Dean's Office at (216) 687-2555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To promote a culturally and intellectually rich environment for diversity and inclusion, and to support the educational success and personal development of all members of the Washkewicz College of Engineering.
- Enrich the campus climate for diversity and inclusion
- Strengthen recruitment, retention, achievement and graduation of diverse populations of students
- Strengthen and promote multicultural programs
- Council consists of faculty, staff, students, and persons from outside the college and from the community
- Members have two-year terms, for a maximum of four terms
- Leadership of Chair, Co-Chair, and Past-Chair
- Commitment of two to three meetings or activities per semester
|2020-2021 Diversity Council|
|Interim Dean Joanne Belovich, Ex-Officio|
|Dr. Sanchita Mal-Sarkar, EECS Faculty, Chair|
|Ms. Audrey M. Wiggins, Dean's Office Staff, Co-Chair|
|Mr. Toufik Aidja, ET Faculty|
|Ms. Angela Benton-Smith, Dean's Office Staff|
|Mr. Marzell Brown, Community, Rockwell Automation|
|Ms. Alita Cauley, Dean's Office Staff|
|Dr. Sunnie Chung, EECS Faculty|
|Mr. Duane M Crockrom, Visiting Executive in Residence|
|Dr. Brian Davis, Dean's Office Administration|
|Dr. Lili Dong, EECS Faculty|
|Ms. Sandra English, Dean's Office Staff|
|Dr. Jorge Gatica, CHE Faculty|
|Mr. Bogdan Kozul, MCE Faculty|
|Ms. Shweta Patnaik, GA Student Representative, EECS|
|Mr. Nicholas Petty, Dir, Ugrad Inclusive Excellence|
|Ms. Kristen Reyes, Student Representative for SHPE|
|Dr. Celena Roebuck, Community, IdeaStream|
|Dr. Eric Schearer, MCE Faculty|
|Ms. Carol Terrell, MCE Staff|
|Ms. Emily Zhao, Student Representative, EECS|