The Doctor of Philosophy* (PhD) degree is granted in recognition of high achievement in scholarship and an ability to apply engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex technical problems. Students are expected to pursue a broad program of study, pass all prescribed examinations, and submit an innovative, high-quality applied engineering dissertation as described in the section on Degree Requirements. For general information please contact the Program Director:
Chandra Kothapalli, Ph.D.
For detailed information on our Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering specializations, please visit the graduate catalog links below:
- Summary of PhD Procedures
- Plan of Study - non-ABE students - Prior to Fall 2012
- Plan of Study - non-ABE students - After Fall 2012
- Plan of Study - ABE students - Prior to Fall 2012
- Plan of Study - ABE students - After Fall 2012
- Engineering Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Approval Form
- PhD Candidacy Exam Evaluation Form (for committee use)
- PhD Dissertation Defense Assessment Form (for committee use)
- Dissertation Signature Page
Approved Courses for General Engineering Requirements
*Once the program is approved by the HLC, we will notify you when we may begin enrolling students.